APRIL 2013 ISSUE
down to order by mail
Read an excerpt from Sunny Daze, a fiction series in the magazine. Read back issues HERE
"I knew he was mad, no livid, when he first opened his mouth and addressed me as Daze because he only used my biker name when he was really angry. He didn’t think I deserved a biker name. After all, I was just a chick, just property, and I didn’t have the same privileges as the men who rode. I knew he took a lot of heat from the guys in the Club because I was riding my own Harley, and they constantly chided and teased him that he couldn’t control his woman. Trust me when I say he wasn’t happy about it when I got first a motorcycle and then a license to ride it.
Slide show of trip to Sturgis, SD
Welcome to Pinky's Motorcycle Passion. Really, I have two passions:
1. riding my motorcycles a 2000 Harley-Davidson Road King, a tribute to my brother, Johnny "Ringo" Gang and a 2005 Harley-Davidson CVO Ultra Classic.
- I ride because it's fun!
- I do not ride because it is fashionable to do so.
-My machine is not a toy. It is an extension of my being, and I will treat it accordingly, with the same respect as I have for myself.
-I will learn everything I can about my machine, so that I am reliant upon on on one but myself for its health and well being.
- I do not fear death. I will, however, do all possible to avoid death prematurely. Fear is the enemy, not death. Fear on the highway leads to death, therefore I will not let fear be my master. I will master it.
- I do not ride to gain attention, respect, or fear from those that do NOT ride, nor do I wish to intimidate or annoy them. For those that do not know me, all I wish from them is to ignore me. For those that desire to know me, I will share with them the truth of myself, so that they might understand me and not fear others like me.
- I will show respect to their other bikers more experienced or knowledgeable than I am. I will learn from them all I can. However, if my respect is not acknowledged or appreciated, it will end.
- It will be my task to mentor new riders, that so desire, into the lifestyle of the biker, so that the breed shall continue. I shall instruct them, as I have been instructed by those before me. I shall preserve and honor traditions of bikers before me, and I will pass them on unaltered.
- I will stand ready to help any other biker that truly needs my help.
- I am not a part-time biker. I am a biker when, and where ever I go. I am proud to be a biker, and hide my chosen lifestyle from no one. I ride because I love freedom, independence, and the movement of the ground beneath me. But most of all, I ride to better understand myself, my machine, the lands in which I ride, and to seek out and know other bikers like myself.